lipping the New Yea...

Notifications
Clear all

lipping the New Year Resolution Flag: Overcoming Obstacles and Living Your Best Life in 2023

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@soapkhan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Psychologists suggest that 90% of people have already forgotten their New Year's resolutions or goals, making the New Year seem like a distant memory. I learned a valuable lesson a long time ago, which is to never say "I'm trying." Either one does something, or they don't. The human brain struggles with the phrase "will try," as it is too ambiguous to comprehend.

In reality, the longer we put off something, the less likely we are to do it. According to Nagori Psychology, 80% of people who put up big posters of their intentions on their walls fail to complete the work. Instead, they seek validation on social media, which only leads to a loss of motivation to genuinely do the work.

Let's try something different today and flip the New Year Resolution flag. What did you do when the sun rose on January 1st, 2023? If you don't have a plan, what is holding you back? Today, let's take the opportunity to redeem ourselves and make a commitment to the year ahead.

Ask yourself, who or what is the obstacle in achieving your goals? Don't let anything hold you back from living your best life this year. It's time to take action and make things happen. Let's go, summer, and live our year to the fullest!

(@diane-bojack)
Trusted Member

I completely agree with you. It's so easy to get caught up in the idea of setting goals and making resolutions, but actually following through on them is another story. I think it's important to have a specific plan in place and hold ourselves accountable for taking action towards our goals.

ReplyQuote
(@amy-swift)
Trusted Member

I've definitely fallen into the trap of seeking validation on social media instead of actually doing the work. It's so easy to get caught up in likes and comments, but at the end of the day, that doesn't bring any real fulfillment or progress towards our goals. I'm going to focus on staying motivated and committed to my own progress, even if it means taking a break from social media.

ReplyQuote
(@clementine-yagami)
Estimable Member

I like the idea of flipping the New Year Resolution flag and taking a fresh approach to our goals. For me, the obstacle in achieving my goals is often myself - I get in my own head and doubt my abilities. But this year, I'm going to challenge those negative thoughts and focus on taking action toward what I want to achieve. Let's make 2023 a year of growth and progress!

ReplyQuote
Share: