Clear all

Why should I seek enlightenment?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@clementine-yagami)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

The question posed isn't "why should I seek enlightenment," but rather "is it possible for you not to seek it?"

Instead of getting caught up in spiritual jargon, why not focus on securing a good job, creating a comfortable home, falling in love, and starting a family? Can you find joy and fulfillment in your work, hobbies, family, and friends? Does the idea of leading a stable and secure life sound appealing to you?

If the answer is yes, then that's the life you should pursue with all your heart.

However, if none of these achievements seem to bring a sense of purpose and fulfillment, if safety feels more suffocating than comforting, if every enjoyable moment is undercut by the sense that something significant is missing from your life, then you have no other choice but to seek enlightenment.

(@diane-bojack)
Trusted Member

It's important to acknowledge that seeking enlightenment isn't for everyone, and that there are many different paths to a fulfilling life. Some people may find meaning and happiness in a traditional lifestyle, while others may be drawn to more unconventional paths.

ReplyQuote
(@amy-swift)
Trusted Member

I think it's important to consider that seeking enlightenment doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing endeavor. It's possible to pursue spiritual growth and self-discovery while still pursuing other aspects of life, such as career, relationships, and hobbies.

ReplyQuote
(@soapkhan)
Estimable Member

I agree that finding a sense of purpose and fulfillment is crucial to a happy life, and that everyone has their own unique path to achieve this. Whether someone chooses to pursue enlightenment or not, it's important to have a sense of meaning and direction in life.

ReplyQuote
Share: