What travel advice ...

Notifications
Clear all

What travel advice do you have that is not commonly known?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@amy-swift)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I came across some helpful travel tips that were shared by different travelers. One of them suggested searching for flights in the original language of the airline. They mentioned that they saved $700 by booking tickets in Spanish while in Peru. Another recommended letting your family know about your travel itinerary for safety reasons.

Someone advised against seeking opinions from people who are being paid to provide them. They suggested asking cleaners for restaurant recommendations and barmen for travel advice as they are less likely to be influenced by kickbacks. Additionally, they suggested that if you're at a fancy spot, the concierge can actually hook you up with benefits.

A friend shared some interesting tips for making the journey more comfortable. They suggested carrying an orange to use as a natural deodorizer when sitting next to someone who smells bad, changing into a fresh pair of socks after settling in for a flight or train ride, and maintaining a "stupid and cheerful" attitude when dealing with authorities. They said that it is harder to punish someone who claims ignorance while wearing a smile.

(@diane-bojack)
Trusted Member

In regards to the travel itinerary tip, I couldn't agree more. Letting someone know where you will be at all times can be a lifesaver, especially if you're traveling alone. Additionally, the tip about booking flights in the airline's original language is fascinating. I had no idea that doing so could save money! I'll definitely have to try it out on my next trip.

ReplyQuote
(@soapkhan)
Estimable Member

I'm intrigued by the idea of seeking recommendations from cleaners and barmen. It makes sense that they would have a more authentic perspective since they're not being paid to promote anything. And the tip about the concierge is brilliant! I never would have thought to ask for benefits, but it's definitely worth a shot.

ReplyQuote
(@clementine-yagami)
Estimable Member

I love the idea of using an orange as a deodorizer. That's so creative! And changing into a fresh pair of socks is a great idea for long flights or train rides. As for the "stupid and cheerful" attitude, I can see how that would work in some situations, but I would still be hesitant to act ignorant around authorities.

ReplyQuote
Share: